Natural Cleaning Products-Recipes with Essential Oils
Are You Trying To Reduce Toxins in Your Life?
The first thing that comes to my mind when speaking with someone on reducing toxins in their life is cutting out every day household cleaning items.
After hours of searching the internet looking for the best natural cleaning products and recipes, I decided that the easiest and by far the cheapest way to begin this new challenge was to follow a few recipes, make a few changes and save a few of my favorite go to share with you!
You will notice that I add essential oils to all of my natural cleaning recipes. Here are the reasons:
- Essential oils have the ability to kill germs instantly. Many are antibacterial and antimicrobial.
- Essential oils actually have healthy benefits and the scent is amazing!
- Due to the fact that essential oils are so powerfully concentrated, a little goes a LONG way!
- Melaleuca oil has powerful cleaning agents. It is a antiseptic, antiviral, antibacterial,insecticidal, and fungicidal. Not only can we use it in our cleaning supplies, but also on pimples, wounds, foot sprays, and more!
Lucky for you, you don’t have to go through all the trial and error to get it right! I’ve done the work for you!
Need Help Finding the Best Essential Oil For YOU?
Although there are many essential oil brands out there, some of them can be just as bad for you as your everyday household cleaners and contain mainly perfume grade oils. Make sure your oils are of high quality and purity. Contact me through my contact form on the right sidebar of this page and let’s chat about the different brands I recommend for you after several trials!
You will be amazed at what a few common household items can actually do.
Lets Get Started Whipping Up Some Natural Cleaning Products
Natural Cleaning Products-Recipes
Household Cleaning Recipes
- 1 gallon water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 6 drops lemon essential oil or melaleuca essential oil
- 5 drops liquid pure castile soap (I love Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap)
Combine all ingredients in a mop bucket, stir around with the mop, and get to work!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 10 drops lemon
Add ingredients into a spray bottle and shake well. Use just as you would your Windex spray.
Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- 8 drops essential oil cleanser of choice (I prefer melaleuca, lemon, or eucalyptus)
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup baking soda
Drain toilet bowl by pouring water into the bowl until the water starts to drain. Sprinkle the baking soda into the bowl and add the essential oil. Scrub with your brush until the bowl is clean and then pour in vinegar. Scrub for another minute. For best results, allow mixture to sit in the bowl for five minutes before flushing.
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 7 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 1/2 cups baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Dr. Bronner’s castile soap
Combine all ingredients together in your bowl. Coat inside of oven with the paste. If the paste does not stick, add a little water. Let mixture sit overnight and scrub the next morning.
- 7 drops wild orange oil
- 7 drops peppermint oil
- 3 cups baking soda
Mix all ingredients in a mason jar. with the lid on, shake well. Let mixture set overnight for best results. To use, sprinkle over the carpeted areas in your home, let sit for several minutes and run the vacuum over the area to remove.
All Purpose Spray
- 20 drops essential oil of choice (On Guard is my favorite. Contact me by using my contact form on the right side of this page and ask me for a sample!)
- 2 cups hydrogen peroxide
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
Using a 32 ounce spray bottle, combine all the ingredients and fill the rest of the bottle with water. Shake well.
- 2 cups of water
- 15 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 TBSP liquid castile soap
Mix all ingredients in a spray bottle and use as a replacement for your regular dusting spray.
A Few Helpful Tips
- To reduce the smell of vinegar in your recipes if it bothers you, add a few drops of lavender into the recipe.
- To remove gum, stickers,crayon, or scuff marks off of walls just apply some lemon essential oil to a rag and scrub. If the spot is tricky, add a small amount of baking soda into the mix. Lemon oil is amazing at removing these!
- Polish your wood furniture with a mixture of coconut oil and a few drops of Wild Orange.
- Diffuse essential oils to rid your home of germs in the air. The oils our family uses have been proven to kill bacteria in the air within 15 minutes.
These are a few of my go to natural cleaning recipes that I keep in my home. Do you have any recipes you love? Contact me through the contact form and let me know!
Learn more about essential oils HERE