Over the past few years, many toxins have been introduced into our world due to man-made chemicals and pollutants. Everything around us is full of these toxins, including our water, food, hygiene products, and even the air we breathe. Let’s look at the top 7 ways to get rid of toxins in your body.
What is a toxin anyways?
A toxin is a poisonous substance that is produced in living organisms and cells.
As modern advancements in today’s world continue to develop, so do the amount of toxins we are surrounded by each and every day.
What can you do to get rid of toxins in your body?
Let’s find out!
Top 7 Ways to Get Rid of Toxins in Your Body
- Stop smoking-By now we all know that cigarette smoke is extremely toxic. Stay away from places where people tend to smoke. “Every year in the U.S., more than 480,000 people die from tobacco use and exposure to secondhand smoke, making it the leading cause of preventable death in this country. Tragically, each day thousands of kids still pick up a tobacco product for the first time.” – lung.org
- Buy Organic- One of the biggest threats we have today is the use of pesticides and G.M.O’s Studies have linked these pesticides to birth defects, cancer, and neurological damage. While the benefits of organic foods are great, not everyone can afford to spend the extra money and switch completely to organic. The most important items to go organic on are: tomatoes, potatoes, bell peppers, strawberries, carrots, cucumbers, spinach, and peaches. On the other hand, if you are trying to save money, the following items are typically okay to buy without the organic label: Asparagus, Avocados, cabbage, cantaloupe, eggplant, kiwi ,mangoes, onions, sweet corn, and sweet potatoes.
- Household Cleansers– Although we all assume they are safe to use since they are on the shelves in our stores, but, honestly, they are some of the most toxic things in our home. There is no regulation on our cleansers, which contain everything from phthalates found in synthetic fragrances to the fumes found in oven cleansers and disinfecting sprays. It’s easy to make your own natural cleaners with simple every day household items such as baking soda, vinegar, water, and essential oils. Get some natural cleansing recipes here.
- Antibacterial products- Products containing the word “antibacterial” on the label. Overuse of these products is leading to bacteria resistant super bugs and causing our bodies to become resistant to antibiotics. Antibacterial product also contain a chemical known as triclosan, which is known as a carcinogen that wreaks having on the healthy endocrine functions. Again, these items can be replaced by using certain essential oils.
- Beauty Products- One out of every five beauty products contains chemicals known to cause cancer. If you really start to think about it, you will see that you use several personal hygiene products each and every day. These include deodorant, toothpaste, soap, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, moisturizers, shaving cream, perfume, hair styling products, and make- up. While there are many natural beauty products on the market, my family chooses doTERRA’s products.You can get more information on these products by clicking here.
- Fast Food- Due to the busy schedule that most people have today, fast food chains have become more popular than ever. Fast food chains are the leading cause of obesity, heart disease, and high blood pressure. Meals at these chains are full of sodium and unhealthy fats. Instead of stopping for fast food, grab or pack a salad or pick a food chain that is known to be a healthier choice, such as Chipotle or Panera.
- A whole foods diet-Eating a whole foods diet doesn’t mean going to the whole foods marketplace and buying whatever they stock on their shelves. A whole foods diet is a diet full of foods that have not been processed and still look like nature intended them to look, or somewhat close to it. When food is processed, oils, sugars, salts, and other chemicals we can’t pronounce are added to it, while other nutrients are stripped out. Buying fresh ingredients and making food yourself is the best way to go. This way you know exactly what is going inside your body. Buy apples and make your own applesauce, fruits and vegetables for your smoothies, slice potatoes and bake them for your own potato chips. Eating a whole foods diet is key to getting rid of toxins in your body.
What Are You Waiting For?
There is no time better than the present to start working on improving your health. Start by following these 7 ways to get rid of toxins in your body and see for yourself what a difference it really makes!